Susanne trifft Felix
A retrospective premiere
Susanne and Felix negotiate their dancing pasts in a real time composition. They face the presence and battle the future. They meet old friends and new opponents, and get backup from Billy the Kid, Julio Iglesias, Rosi, Helge Schneider, Wum & Wendelin and, and, and…… An improvisation with full blown emotionality.
(PhD) is a Berlin based choreographer, performer, researcher, and teacher in the field of contemporary dance and theatre. She presents her work internationally in solo performances and collaborative stage works. Her research and artistic practice focuses on improvisation as a crucial practice within contemporary dance, narrations of the aging body, humour and irony in dance, and performance as research. 2017 her book Dancing Age(ing): Rethinking Age(ing) in and through Improvisation Practice and Performance was published by transcript.
Selection of recent performance works
- Von der Schönheit und Seltsamkeit des Anlehnens, devised together with Eliane Hutmacher for 8 performers of Academy Berlin
- 7 Minutes of Fame, a genre-mix bar-performance series curated together with Marlène Colle
- Doctor D. meets Doctor V., duet with Alex Nowitz
- The Fountain of Age, solo
- The Fountain of Youth, solo
- Rotterdam Dance Academy: BA dance pedagogy
- Folkwang University Essen: postgraduate studies stage dance
- Inter-University Centre for Dance Berlin: MA Solo/Dance/Authorship
- Middlesex University London: PhD dance
did his dance education at the Erika Klütz Schule in Hamburg and at the European Dance Development Center (E.D.D.C) in Arnhem/ Netherlands. In 2009 he finished his MA Solo Dance Authorship at the Inter-University Centre for Dance in Berlin (HZT).
Since 2002 he works as a freelance Choreographer and Performer for Marcus Grolle, Ludger Orlok, Thomas Lehmen, Martin Nachbar, Sommer Ulrickson, Jochen Roller, Silke Z., Liisa Pentti, Ji-Hyun Youn, Diego Gil, Hyoung-min Kim, Martin Clausen, Irina Müller, Clement Layes, Beide Messies, Christina Ciupke und Begüm Erciyas.
He develops his work in colaboration with Ayara Hernandez Holz under the name LUPITA PULPO.
Selection of recent works:
- Wir sind Volker (2017) Premiere: Uferstudios, Ausufern
- Billy (2017) Premiere: Tanzzeit, Podewill
- PREMIERE (2016) Premiere: Dock11
in cooperation with tanzfabrik Berlin